Monday, August 4, 2014

25/100 - Epilogue

Epilogue
As night descends and darkness grows its Fae
Who come by dreams to steal and sow their fear
your candle’s gaze allows no tread to stray
No trick will draw me from this path so near

A field of gold is pale and lacks all wealth
If heaven does not smile upon his crop,
and so I too hang head and curse good health
'til dawn and joy unite and all times stop

If words could light the passage to your heart
If thoughts could hold you tight through all to be,
If hopes were seas and bound to never part
Then love alone would keep you safe for me

But Night and Day who pass so blind to pain,
Will not hold sway when we two meet again.




Trying my hand at sonnets. A little Shakespearean styled piece, from the living to the beloved dead. Structure was the focus here, please let me know if it's off.

No comments:

Post a Comment