Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 38:2nd Migraine in a week and Day 39:Choices

2nd Migraine in a week 
My brain is on fire
the pain is intense
another migraine
nothing makes sense
the ache grows fast
overtaking my mind
I’ve taken my drugs
but I’m still going blind
everything is so loud
every noise is a shout
the nausea rises
dinner wants to get out
Unsteadily stumbling
I lie on the floor
clambour for sleep
so i don’t feel much more
unnatural agony
holds ransom my thought
my brain drums my skull
a beat so distraught
Come now, angel white
take hold of the pain,
extinguish the fire
make me sane again
its only been ten,
my back starts to groan
the pain radiates
right down to the bone
I think I should rest
get  broken to bed
pray that sleep takes
and soothes my raging head.


Choices



Before lies two paths
neither desired
one hard, but safe,
one's lazy, and I’m tired
The path that cares
naught for tomorrow
is easy and simple,
but may lead to sorrow
the path that climbs
the mountain ahead
is a mission, alas
and it fills me with dread
restriction, control,
a life lived in fear,
futility or failure
what choice is there?
For if I go down
a path while blind
ignoring all truth
putting fact out of mind
then I will only have
myself to blame
when at the end
my legs go lame.
so the decision is made
though not really by me
for I want a life
where I can be free.



Unfortunately I've not been well. Damned illness. It's taken its toll on my writing and I've decided (or had the decision made for me really) to start an uber restrictive diet (following doc's recommendations). No meat (except Seafood), no dairy, no saturated fats. It's really scary for the butter and steak loving girl that I am.

Practically vegan - the most reluctant one ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment