Thursday, August 7, 2014

27 + 28 downsides and tomorrow will be better

Downsides

Today I feel bad,
Not angry, not sad
Just bad.
I’m feeling crabby,
bloated and flabby
and shabby.
My body aches
and my hand shakes
it breaks
perhaps early to bed
get grumps out o’my head
less said.
Tomorrow will be better
When I feel down and under the weather
I’ll do all I can to try and feel better
I’ll munch carrots and shun chocolate cake
Hoping to help the Holly that tomorrow will wake
For the Holly that’s now can live best to serve
to make tomorrow better on a gradient curve
and if she can try to prevent today’s pain
from surfacing tomorrow, then that’s a gain.
So I’ll chug all my vitamins and down little pills
they claim to stop inflammation, among other ills,
And maybe tonight I’ll sleep all the way through
without tossing and thrashing like I’m told I do
And the morning will see my arms without ache,
and hands that can move without fearing they’ll break
my brain will be normal and not full of fuzz
I could run and jump again, won’t that be a buzz
?




No comments:

Post a Comment