Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 40:An Ode and Day 41:Retrospective Correction

An Ode

Farewell. So long
Good bye
This will be hard
I'll try
A different road
I tread
A changed outlook
Instead
I've loved you more
Than's good
If you could stay
I would
The choice was hard
To keep
Focused forward
And reap
My life goes on
Without
I'll try forget
No doubt
You'll always be
Right there
I'll struggle to
Not care.
I will be strong
And brave
To deny myself
The crave.
Breathe in and out.
Head high,
Today is good
I'll fly.



Retrospective Correction



Before you lies a poem
with words all in a line
and it may be read quickly
or not at all (that’s fine),
A poem each day is telling
and inside my head you’ll look
each day a different cranny
of my subconscious’s nook
Sometimes my words are woeful,
laced with dark thoughts and regret
other times delightful
and more still, nonsense, yet...
in the silly there are secrets
as I attempt to push you out
those are days when sharing
is an ideal I strongly doubt.
Often they will be the days
when you end up in space
away from my inner workings,
perhaps in an imagined place.
It was not done on purpose,
I myself was caught unaware,
when I found myself thinking
“no one wants to read that here.”
And what dishonesty is that?
to be so judging of you,
so from now on I’ll try
to keep every one word true.
And if that means I’m fighting
with demons hidden deep
you’ll be right beside me,
if my company you’ll keep




No comments:

Post a Comment