Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 32:Heater, Day 33:Apology, Day 34:Shades

Heater

There’s something kinda nice
about a heater in the cold
outside can turn to frost and ice
in here is warmth foretold
The warmth makes all things well
his dark stripes holding me in
My lungs fill with his smell,
My heart swells with his grin
The hand that runs through my hair
is gentle and reverent with joy
My forehead is speckled with care
and all that loving does employ



Apology
Today I'm feeling really shit,
so for a rhyme, this is it.


Shades

The saddest tale ever told,
was of a child who never grew old,
age is spurned by the conquest of time
As all march from youth to prime
And so the heart of the greatest clown
hid the struggles that held him down
trapped in a mind so great and kind
disease ate away, leaving naught behind
Sadness fills the void an absence makes
we shame and blame for the life it takes,
in a world of shades and none are white
there’s no path to take that’s always right




It's been a rough week with my MS slapping my around a little. Plus side is that new funding is being considered so I may be be eligible for treatment, which is a huge bonus. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment