Friday, July 18, 2014

Pleas(e)


Fear today controls my mind
As I leave the house, leave you behind
Please keep safe, let no ill befall
If I lose you, I'd lose it all
Thoughts race, horrors imagined real
So far away, yet not so hard to feel
Anguish grips -  gut, mind and heart
And I don't even play a part
I plead with a blind, dumb and deaf universe
As though wishes could alter, let alone reverse
A divine comedy that holds so little peace
Strapped to a coaster where anxiety' s grease
There's absurdity in a worrying brain
I know it's silly, no need to explain
But knowing and believing are chalk and cheese
my heart won't stop pounding for all reason sees
Until you are again holding me tight
Worrying may paralyse me in fright
I will be calmer when I know you're okay
If just for a moment, if just for today

No comments:

Post a Comment