Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wordsmith 19/100

In my head is a kingdom of language
That rhymes with relative ease
It allows me to write fluidly
On whichever topics I please
This gift has always existed
First noticed when I was nine
Now I'm sure that if I honed it
I could rhyme every word in a line
I could build castles of metaphor
With personification running free
Adjective nouns adverbily verbing,
( wouldn't that be a sight to see),
Wallowing in words with mouthfeel
So soft and welcome and warm,
Not cut by corners of ragged edge,
That leave you gasping when they storm
Each word has a shape and a sound
A colour, a feel and a taste
Each can be moulded by others
Or drowned in overused waste
Words are always forgiving,
Less so those who find what you've said,
take care what you say to the public
But feel free to play in your head.
Word can build magical artworks,
With artisans far more skilled
I'll keep dissecting sandcastles
With words falling as spilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment