Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Start -1/100

The Start: 1/100

‘Once upon a time, a long time ago’
A simple phrase, yet great things grow
Where to start and plant my pen
upon that phrase I land again,

Tales of joy and horror and crime,
or simple quests of nonsensical rhyme
all must begin, all must be started
from the minds of their creator parted

Not with a roar, nor with a bang
barely noticed as it nimbly sprang,
from my mind, hastily writ
clumsy in structure, form and wit.

Yet here it crouches as you read,
the beginning, the dawn, a simple seed
from here it grows, watch it bloom
to glory and triumph - or the unfinished tomb? - Holly 2014


Day 1 of the 100 Days project. I'm hard pressed to make nice things quickly, so I'll stick to what I enjoy - rhyming poems! I'll try get more complex and symbolically parfait as I go on, but the first ones will be simple expulsions of words from my rusty, dusty word engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment